General Dynamics Electric Boat Management Association (EBMA)
Tutor Volunteer Community Outreach Program
The EBMA is a non-profit organization within Electric Boat primarily focused on Management Development. One of our secondary goals is to foster community activities that promote the general welfare. In this area, the EBMA attempts to organize and execute programs which promote a better understanding and improve the relationships between our Association and the communities in our area.
In an effort to become more involved with the community, the EBMA membership has solicited volunteers for tutoring middle or high school students in the local area.
Over 80 EBMA members, including many engineers and management personnel, have committed to volunteering their time to help students living in their towns and surrounding areas. Students could benefit from working with an EBMA mentor/tutor, both academically and by having a career role model.
The EBMA worked with school administrators to develop the guidelines for this tutoring program:
- Tutors will arrange tutoring sessions with students in need when contacted by the student’s parent or guardian.
- Tutor sessions will take place preferably in the student’s home, in a location easily monitored by the parent or guardian.
- If tutoring takes place outside of the student’s home, a parent or guardian will remain in the area with the student for the duration of the tutoring session.
- EBMA tutors will charge no money for their time, nor will they accept any gift from the student’s family for the tutoring they will provide.
- Upon completion of a tutoring session, the EBMA tutor will complete a Tutor Session Summary Report and submit to the EBMA Tutoring Coordinator. A copy of this report will also be sent to the student’s parents and the student’s school representative.
Any parent interested in taking advantage of this program, please contact your school guidance office to obtain the current list of EBMA Tutor volunteers and the subjects and towns they are willing to support.
While Electric Boat Corporation and the EBMA are supportive of EBMA members participating in a Tutor Volunteer Community Outreach Program, Electric Boat Corporation and the EBMA assume no risk or liability for the individuals volunteering. The individuals volunteering assume all risk and liability.
Senior Awards Ceremony on ZOOM beginning @6
Senior Drop off of materials
Deadline for Pass/ Fail Option for Seniors
Underclass Drop off of materials
Deadline for Pass/ Fail Option for Underclassmen
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!
IT HELP DESK:
To Request Tech Support, Send an Email to The Team for Your Building:
Online School Newspaper
Receive the latest information from Lyme-Old Lyme High School via email: (complete the form below)
Pre-Order your Sandwich HERE
(click on the image below to access the link)
Wildcat Sports Schedule
click on the paw below for lolhs sports events
To report a
concern or incident anonymously,
Follow LOL Public Schools!
(click the icons below)